Designed for electric power or unpowered for thrilling PSS flying, Baby Bolt requires 2 – 3 channel radio control. A laser cut wood-pack is available containing most of the shaped balsa and ply parts required, such as fuselage formers and wing ribs, as well as an additional wood-pack containing the sheet and strip wood needed for the model, a plastic moulded canopy and an ABS engine cowl.
- Model type: Sport scale warbird
- Designer: Peter Simpson
- Wingspan: 35” (889mm)
- Wing area: 1.8sq. ft. (0.17sq. m)
- All-up weight: 6.5oz (750g)
- Wing loading: 14.8oz / sq. ft. (4.5kg / sq. m)
- Functions (servos): Aileron (2); elevator (1); throttle (via ESC)
- Control deflections: Aileron +0.4” (10mm), -0.25” (6mm); elevator +0.3” (8mm), -0.25” (6mm)
- Powertrain used: HET typhoon-micro 6/20 outrunner; 7 x 4” prop; 20A ESC; 3S 2200mAh LiPo
The Republic P-47 Thunderbolt entered service with the USAAF in 1941 and became one of its main fighter aircraft of WWII. It was used in both the fighter and ground attack roles in the European and Pacific theatres of operation and gained a reputation as a tough and reliable aircraft that packed a formidable punch. One of the heaviest fighters of the war, it also served in a number of other allied air forces, including those of France, Great Britain and Russia. P-47s were used by many other countries after the war, some remaining in service until the 1960s.
What’s in a Laser or CNC Cut Wood Pack? – A CNC or laser cut wood pack contains most, if not all, of the intricately shaped parts shown on the plan, which would be difficult or time-consuming to cut out by hand. It does not contain any sheet or strip wood, which you will need to buy separately. Alternatively, you can purchase an Additional Wood Pack, if available. Our Laser or CNC Cut Wood Packs only contain balsa, ply and lite ply and do not include other materials that may be required to complete the model, such as hardwoods, metals and GRP sheets.