This model hull is built using mainly plywood with a laser/router cut wood pack available of the major parts to aid construction. The detailed multi-sheet plan covers the construction of all the mast, spars, sails and deck fittings. A detailed 90 min DVD is available showing the construction and sailing.
- Designer: Richard Chesney
- Radio Functions: 2
- Scale: 1/24
- Length: 1079.5mm (42.5 inches)
- Beam: 243.84mm (9.6inches)
- Height from bottom of the hull to mast top 1260mm
- Overall height including keel weight approx: 1500mm (varies as different keels shown)
Take a look at these videos to get an idea of this great Model and its construction.
The DVD ‘Building Veronica’ tells the story of how to build a radio-controlled model of the famous Thames Sailing Barge, a versatile and economical cargo vessel that plied the Thames Estuary and surrounding waters throughout the 1800s and deep into the 20th century. But it is much more than that. It shows the traditional skills of boat building craftsmanship that can be used to construct a working model of just about any sailing vessel.