This 75-minute guide to airbrushes, presented by Frank McKinney covers the fundamentals of using airbrushes, so that even if you haven’t picked an airbrush up before you will feel very comfortable using one.
Frank demonstrates using an airbrush to paint a boat hull, a car body shell, add a custom paint design to an aircraft engine cowling and a quick and easy way to add realistic weathering effects to a pre-decorated model warbird.
- How an airbrush works, and the different types available
- How to choose a suitable airbrush
- Choosing an air supply, hoses and regulators
- The importance of safety and ventilation
- The easy way to thin your paint to the right consistency
- Basic exercises to get used to your airbrush
- Cleaning your airbrush
- Troubleshooting some common faults
Make sure that your model is the talk of the flying field – using these simple airbrush techniques will ensure that your work stands out from the crowd.
Introduction to Airbrushing DV129 / GP-DV129 / DV129HD
Airbrushing Techniques: Scale Models GP-DV129 / DV129 / DV133HD
Airbrushing Techniques: Project Tiger Moth GP-DV130 / DV130 FF07 / DV130HD