Jitterbug – Alex Whittaker’s low-wing trainer sport aerobat. It’s perfect for a .46 – .55 two-stroke, four-stroke or electric power.
To see extra build photos and builders notes left by other Jitterbug builders just visit: www.modelflying.co.uk and see the RCM&E plan builders forum section.
- Name: Jitterbug
- Model type: Sports aerobat
- Designed by: Alex Whittaker
- Wingspan: 62”
- Fuselage length: 43”
- Wing area: 651 sq. in.
- All-up weight: 6.5 lbs
- Wing loading: 23 oz / sq. ft.
- Functions (servos): Aileron (2); elevator (1); rudder (1); throttle (1)
- Rec’d engine: .46 – .60 two-stroke .53 – .60 four-stroke
- Rec’d powertrain: Turnigy C5055-600 motor; 4s 3200mAh Li-Po; 80A ESC
What’s in a Laser or CNC Cut Wood Pack? – A CNC or laser cut wood pack contains most, if not all, of the intricately shaped parts shown on the plan, which would be difficult or time-consuming to cut out by hand. It does not contain any sheet or strip wood, which you will need to buy separately. Alternatively, you can purchase an Additional Wood Pack, if available. Our Laser or CNC Cut Wood Packs only contain balsa, ply and lite ply and do not include other materials that may be required to complete the model, such as hardwoods, metals and GRP sheets.