The humble crop duster makes for an excellent model and whilst Rusty Fergusson is clearly not a scale model it does incorporate many of the features of various full-size designs. What you see in this creation then is an agglomeration from all sorts of crop dusters and aircraft of that type mixed into one, with a healthy dollop of personal preferences. The end result is something similar but different to the current crop of models commercially available and something that can be personalised further if so desired. With a wingspan of 65” (1651mm) the model was designed around a 60 to 70 size four-stroke engine or equivalent electric power.
- Designer: Lindsay Todd
- Featured in July 2021 RCM&E
- Model Type: Sports
- Wingspan: 65″ / 1651 mm
- Wing Area: 845 sp in / 52.43 sd dm
- Weight: 124 oz / 3513 g
- Wing Loading: 21.13 oz/sq ft / 67 g/sq dm
- Engine: OS 70 Surpass four-stroke or equivalent two-stroke or electric set up
- Servos: Futaba 148, 2 x aileron, 1 each on elevator, rudder and throttle
- Radio Battery: 3000 mAh Sub-C NiMH
- Control Throws: Aileron +/-15mm / Elevatoir +/-15mm / Rudder +/-25mm
- Expo: 50%
What’s in a Laser or CNC Cut Wood Pack? – A CNC or laser cut wood pack contains most, if not all, of the intricately shaped parts shown on the plan, which would be difficult or time-consuming to cut out by hand. It does not contain any sheet or strip wood, which you will need to buy separately. Alternatively, you can purchase an Additional Wood Pack, if available. Our Laser or CNC Cut Wood Packs only contain balsa, ply and lite ply and do not include other materials that may be required to complete the model, such as hardwoods, metals and GRP sheets.
Plan RC2229 Laser Cut Wood Pack WPRC2229 Additional Wood Pack AWPRC2229 Short Kit SETRC2229