The Petrel excels in light wind conditions, being able to turn tightly in the slightest patch of lift and is equally happy when the wind blows. The combination of up-going ailerons and spoilers is very effective, so landing in tight spaces is quite possible. Once you get to know your Petrel we’re sure you’ll find that it’ll be your go-to model when it’s time to go soaring.
Featured in RCM&E July 2019 and not the larger 13 Petrel Plan that we offer: https://www.sarikhobbies.com/product/slingsby-type-13-petrel-plan/
- Name: Petrel
- Model type: 1/5-scale vintage sailplane
- Designed by: Chris Williams
- Wingspan: 3400mm
- Fuselage length: 1460mm
- All-up weight: 8.5lb (3.9kg)
- Wing Section: HQ35/14-12
- Wing area: 7.3sq. ft.
- Wing loading: 18oz/sp. ft.
- Control deflections: Aileron +40mm, -20mm; AMT: ±18mm (measured at max.trailing edge width); rudder ±50mm
- Spoiler mix: 30mm up aileron with max. spoiler